Victory on the battlefield. Victory at home.
November 14th, 2007
Urgent Action Needed!!!
Congress to attach pullout to needed troop funds
Our soldiers need you to act today.
1. Congress is expected to vote on the War Funding Bill today. Speaker Pelosi plans to attach “immediate withdrawal” language to a bill intended to fund our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. If the bill passes the House and the Senate, President Bush will veto it. And this veto is exactly what Speaker Pelosi wants…because it makes the President look bad, and delays funding for the war.
2. Call the members listed below – tell them playing politics with our troops is unacceptable and you want the troop bill funded without troop withdraw language.
3. Email your family, friends and co-workers this email. Ask them to join with other patriots around America who will stand up and demand Congress do the right thing.
4. Feel free to post this info on your favorite blog or website – help us spread the word!
Who should you call?
Rep. Harry Mitchell (D-AZ) – (202) 225-2190
Sen. Norm Coleman (R-MN) – (202) 224-5641
Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) – (202) 224-2523
Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) – (202) 224-3744
Sen. Gordon Smith (R-OR) – (202) 224-3753
Sen. John Sununu (R-NH) – (202) 224-2841
Rep. Heather Wilson (R-NM) – (202) 225-6316
Rep. Tom Latham (R-IA) – (202) 225-5476
* Remember: These calls will take less than 45 minutes of your total time. Please help our soldiers today!
Prepare for your call
Things to remember when calling members of Congress:
* When you’re done with the calls, just shoot a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know so we can count our calls.
Vets say, ‘Don’t play politics with soldiers’ lives’
Iraq Vets denounce the holding hostage of much needed war funding
November 14, 2007 – Vets for Victory, an organization of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and those that support them, is demanding that Congressional leadership stop using funding bills to make political statements. The veterans noted that Congressional leaders are frustrated with not being able to change military policy in Iraq. Now, vets say, they are trying to legislate defeat by holding hostage critical war funding that the troops need by attaching an irresponsible call to abandon Iraq as the troops continue to fight with success. “Congress knows the new counter-insurgency strategy has produced successful results,” said Lt. Col. (ret.) Steve Russell of Vets for Victory. “They also know that by n ot funding the current effort, American troops will not be able capitalize on their work against those who would like to destroy Iraqi and Afghan self-governance and a better way of life. This shameful tactic is both irresponsible and dangerous for our soldiers.”
The members of Vets for Victory have seen the fight firsthand and have faced the enemy. They speak about the kinds of evil the enemy use to weaken the very nations that soldiers have sacrificed so much to protect. Now these vets say they will not stand by and watch House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid legislate what the enemy has been unable to accomplish in Iraq and then endanger their brothers and sisters who are still serving abroad.
“Taking away the funding for the troops is akin to sending them into war and then taking away their tools to fight. It is not the American tradition to abandon our troops as they fight in the field. We cannot allow General Pelosi to undermine our troops to save her political image. Why take them out of a fight that they are about to win and that will make Americans safer at home and give Iraqi and Afghan citizens a much brighter future?” – Lt. Col. Steve Russell (ret.), Founder and Chairman, Vets for Victory
* * *